High-Quality Yoga Teacher Training Thailand
If you are a beginner in yoga and want to know all authentic yoga, you are invited to this 200-hour yoga teacher training in Chiang Rai. This is based on Hatha and original Patanjali style (mindfulness) programs including the practical and theoretical part. It is designed to make you a confident and effective yoga teacher. During the course, you will be built up your stronger base in the yoga knowledge.
- Daily yoga practices
- Yoga technics and practicums
- Yoga technics & therapy discussions
- Kirtan and transformational experience
- Meditation and mantra practices
- Vegetarian brunches & dinners
- 21 nights’ accommodation
- Airport transfer
The maximum participants in the group is 25.
The ashram is having the practice hall in progress that can hold up to 50 practitioners at ease while the first accommodation area and the dining area have been completed. Upon completion of the whole project, it will have a 3-meter high marble statue of Lord Shiva (Adinath) emerged from the water in the middle of the ashram. On both sides of the statue are the accommodation buildings, the one on the left is completed and the one on the right as well as the meditation center will be built when the statue is completed.
Eco-friendly with bamboo are the main elements of the whole ashram fixtures. Integrating the art of living from Lord Shiva (Adinath) or Hatha Yoga and the permaculture, the ashram is meant for you who would like to realize the benefits of slow living and immerse to nature at different levels. Adinath Yoga Ashram offers a diverse range of courses: yoga teacher training on Hatha yoga or Vinyasa yoga, meditation training, acupuncture, massage therapy, and organic farming.
The ultimate goal is to offer the opportunity for anyone who wants to enjoy the wellness of body, mind, and soul while ensuring the sustainability of the eco-system of the world through mindful thinking and ultimately attaining the blissful joy through self-realization.
Adinath Yoga Ashram Thailand Yoga Teacher Training Program
Adinath Yoga Ashram allows you to check-in 1 or 2 days before starting the orientation meeting. It will be held on the first day of the course start at 15:00 to ensure you know where the classes are, to familiarize with the course facilities, and to allow you to meet each other and the teachers. The student attendance at the orientation day is compulsory. The class will be started after that. Please prepare yourself in a white dress. If in case you check-in 1 or 2 days before starting the course, then you must pay for accommodation by yourself.
As a graduate, you’ll be certified by Adinath Yoga Ashram, one of the largest and most-trusted names in yoga market internationally. On top of that, your certification qualifies you to get registered with World Yoga Alliance as a Teacher (RTY). World Yoga Alliance organization is known as a largest teacher training registry in the worldwide. Adinath Yoga Ashram uses this third-party accreditation for Adinath Ashram to ensure the quality and international standards.
The World Yoga Alliance has set a widely-accepted international standard for Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) programs which includes a minimum of 150 contact hours across basic areas as technics, teaching methodology, asana alignments and anatomy, philosophy (including lifestyle and ethics), therapy, and teaching practicum. Here is how you will explore these teaching areas in this training.
Practice of traditional Hatha yoga asanas
- Surya Namaskar and Chandra Namaskar (sun and moon salutations)
- Bhujanga Namaskar series (cobra salutation)
- Basic, intermediate, and advanced Hatha yoga asana sequence includes about 88 positions
- Yoga for beginners: basic preparatory joint movements to warm up and prevent injuries
- Yoga class sequence for therapy
- Sanskrit names of all asanas (positions)
Pranayama, ‘control of the prana science’
- Swara yoga introduction (Swara Vigyana)
- Nadi shodana pranayama (alternate nostril breathing)
- Anulom Vilom pranayama
- Kapalbhati pranayama (cleansing breaths)
- Bhramari pranayama (humming bee breath)
- Yogic (conscious) breathing technics
- Discussion on bad breathing habits and correction technics
- Ujjayi Svasa (victorious breath)
Mantras chanting: building awareness with divine vibrations.
- Gayatri mantra
- Guru mantra
- Seed mantra for chakras: relaxation, purification, and activation
- 5-element mantra
- Surya Namaskar mantra
Tri Bandhas (yogic locks)
- Moola Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Jalandhara Bandha (throat lock)
- Maha Bandha (the great lock)
- 3 Granthis
Theory of traditional yoga systems
- Yoga introduction
- History of original yoga and lineage
- History of Hatha yoga and lineage
- Functions of 7 chakras (energy centers)
- Pranayama science technics and 5 prana
- Original Ashtanga yoga by Patanjali
- Introduction to Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, Ayurveda, and the Hatha yoga tradition
- Yoga Hand Mudras
- Kundalini and chakra meditation
- Walking meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- 5 prana meditation
- Observation and awareness technics
- Yoga Nidra relaxation technics
Yoga teaching principles
- Characteristics of a good teacher
- Lesson planning
- Principles of demonstration and observation
- Classroom safety
- Assisting, modifications, correcting, instructing
- Finding your own teaching style
- Ethical guidelines for yoga teachers
- Student teaching practicing and observing
- Assisting in classes taught by others
- Basic healthy yogic lifestyle
Anatomy and physiology
- Anatomy of pelvic bone and Muscles the foundation of the body on yogasana (hip bone and yoga)
- Anatomy of shoulder bone / muscles and yogasana
- Psychic Physiology of yoga: Ida, Pingala, Sushumna (Nadi)
Course exam details
- First paper: yoga theoretical exam
- Second paper: oral exam
- Third paper: asana practical
- 07:00 Meditation and mantra practice (spiritual growth)
- 07:30 Yoga practice of asana, pranayama, Nauli, and many technics
- 10:00 Brunch and free time
- 13:00 Yoga theory class
- 15:00 Yoga technics and therapy discussion
- 15:30 Yoga technics and practicums (alignment)
- 18:00 Dinner
- 19:00 Kirtan and transformational experiences (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 20:00 Self-study time (yoga theory and homework)
- 21:00 Silence begins and held until end of breakfast next morning
- 22:00 Lights out
- Fire puja will start on 06:00 every day.
- Sunday will be a day off.
- The use of Sanskrit vocabulary is included in the yoga teacher training course.
- Adinath Yoga Ashram recommends you to apply 2-6 months in advance in order to ensure a spot in the training and to have adequate time for readings and preparations.
Guru Dharm has yoga teaching experience more than 17 years. He has a Ph.D. in “Human Consciousness and Yogic Science” from GKV University, Haridwar (India). He is also pursuing the master degree in “Human Consciousness and Yogic Science”.
Worapoj Maniam (Kru Note) worked in Thailand as a certified and registered yoga teacher by World Yoga Alliance and currently teaching in professional yoga classes in Bangkok at My Peace Yoga. He has yoga teaching experience more than 12 years.
Chirasak Sriphandaj (Kru Sak) worked in Thailand as a certified and registered yoga teacher by World Yoga Alliance and currently teaching in professional yoga classes in Chiang Rai at Raya Yoga. He has yoga teaching experience more than 17 years.
Chiang Rai had stayed off the tourist radar for many years, its people have been enjoying leisurely development and traditional, rural lifestyles. Chiang Rai is a traveler’s paradise, endowed with abundant natural attractions and antiquities. Attractions range from ruins of ancient settlements and Buddhist shrines to magnificent mountain scenery and hill tribe villages.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirements are served and/or catered for:
(If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation)